When you take shots with Sony DLSR, Sony RAW photos are the best choices you can take into consideration. It will provide you more control over your photos and more freedom for post editing. How to open and view Sony RAW photographs on Windows and Mac? What are the best Sony RAW viewers to browse the ARW, SR2 and SRF files? The article shares 6 best image viewers for Sony digital cameras with intuitive interface and superfast speed you should know.
If you are a professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop is the desired choice for editing the Sony RAW photos. What should be the best Sony RAW viewers to browse and manage ARW, SR2 or SRF? WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile image viewer to browse the RAW files, JPG and video files from Sony digital camera.
1. Browse RAW from Sony, Canon, Nikon and others with 5x fast speed.
2. View RAW in various mods, EXIF, slideshow, full screen, thumbnail, etc.
3. Provide editing features, manage, organize, edit, rotate, crop and more.
4. Convert, rename and resize the Sony RAW photos with batch process.
Here you can open Sony RAW image files with 50+ RAW file extensions within the Sony RAW viewer. The loading speed is superfast. No matter how many RAW files you browse, you can get smooth photo viewing experience. What’s more, you can edit and apply image effects to your RAW files within the software.
The RAW viewing software is not only designed for Sony cameras, but also for other RAW format cameras. The supported RAW file extensions include 3fr, ari, arw, bay, crw, cr2, cap, dcs, dcr, dng, drf, eip, erf, fff, iiq, k25, kdc, mef, mos, mrw, nef, nrw, obm, orf, pef, ptx, pxn, r3d, raf, raw, rwl, rw2, rwz, sr2, srf, srw, x3f. Moreover, it is also supported to open RAW files captured from Sony A7, Sony a7R II and other Sony digital cameras.
Step 1: Once you have installed the Sony RAW viewer, you can launch the program to import the RAW files. Drag and drop RAW photos and videos into the program. Just double click one image to open all the RAW files, JPEG and videos from the same folder.
Step 2: It provides multiple modes to view and manage your Sony RAW files. Select the RAW album on the left side and the photos will be displayed on the right pane in thumbnail mode. Just drag and RAW to desktop and transfer to photos to the desired folder accordingly.
Note: If there are hundreds of thousands of RAW files, you can unfold the View list and then choose Sort By. Here you can sort out RAW files by name, date, modified, ascending or descending.
Step 3: If you want to view the detail in photos, click the View menu on the top ribbon and select Enter Full Screen to enter the full screen mode. Just click the square icon at the lower left side to enter the full screen mode quickly. Zoom in to view the details of the Sony RAW image.
It also enables you to apply photo effects by clicking the Edit icon at the bottom. In the Adjust section, you can adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, sepia and sharpness. You can switch to the Effects section to apply B&W, blurs, and sharpen.
Step 4: Even if you want to learn more about the detail information of the shot photo, Sony RAW viewer is able to display the information of the RAW photos. Click the “View” menu and choose the “Show info” option to go to the EXIF mode, such as the camera model, exposure time and more.
Step 5: If it is not convenient to view your RAW files manually, the slideshow mode can meet your need. Select “Slideshow” option in the “View” menu, and you photos will start playing. You can also view the detail sheet for the RAW photos with ease.
Step 6: Select the “Batch” option from the “Edit” list and choose the “Batch Convert” option. Set the output format and quality, and click the “Convert” button to confirm it. Now, you can export your photos to your hard drive or share them to social media.
Step 7: Moreover, you can unfold the Share list on the top to share Sony RAW image files to Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Message, AirDrop or Photos. You can get those RAW file sharing methods by clicking the “Share” icon at the bottom as well.
Sony Creative RAW Viewer is the RAW viewer developed by Sony for its digital camera users. It can handle Sony RAW and X-OCN files produced by VENICE, F65, and other models. Many professionals use it to check, view and control Sony RAW files.
1. Work well on Windows 8/8.1/10 and Mac OS X.
2. Free of charge to view, edit and manage the Sony RAW files.
3. Support Monitor Out Device to output high quality photos to monitors.
4. Full control the appearance and information of RAW files.
1. It is very large in size and takes a large space.
2. The hardware requirement is pretty high.
RawTherapee is another Sony RAW viewer supports most Sony RAW files. It contains extensive tools for editing non-destructive RAW photos as well. It is able to process a large number of photos and edit the RAW photos within few clicks with ease.
1. Provides reliable RAW management and editing.
2. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
3. Open source, so everyone can use it for free.
1. Users reported the occasional lagging issues.
2. The RAW editing tools are limited.
Capture One Pro is one of the most popular Sony RAW viewers you can take into consideration, which enables you to edit, organize and view the RAW photos. It works more efficiently by designing a workflow to suit you. It is a nice solution to shoot directly to your computer.
1. Integrate an excellent RAW file converter.
2. Offer a set of photo adjustment toolkit.
3. Work well on noise reduction.
1. It lacks online sharing functions to share files.
2. It is expensive compared to features.
Free RAW Viewer is a free Sony RAW viewer for Windows. You can view multiple RAW images on PC for free. The Sony RAW Windows viewer allows users to create a slideshow to play RAW images automatically. Though many users complain that it takes forever to load the software and view RAW files with Free RAW Viewer.
1. Create slideshows to view images in RAW and other common formats.
2. Require low system resource to keep the Sony RAW image viewer running.
1. Free RAW Viewer is slow to load RAW images.
2. It is not supported to select individual RAW image in slideshows.
3. The interface is outdated.
To open Sony Alpha RAW files, you can run ARW Viewer to read files with the .arw file extension. ARW Viewer is a free Sony RAW image viewer. You can open, convert and resize ARW images from Sony. You can convert Sony ARW files to JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP or TIFF on Windows Server 2003/2008 and Windows 7/XP/Vista.
1. Open Sony RAW ARW images and get basic editing features.
2. Contain no malware, spyware, viruses or other unsafe packages.
1. Open a Sony RAW image per time.
2. The Sony ARW viewer has been updated for many years.
Here are 6 best RAW viewers for Sony digital cameras to browse and view the photos. They can help you to open and display RAW files produced by Sony cameras on Windows and Mac easily. These programs all have unique benefit and advantage. WidsMob Viewer Pro, for example, provides rich features in the way that everyone can learn quickly.