Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Peter Wood
Pixelmator Pro is an excellent AI photo editor for Mac with a variety of editing tools. It provides stunning design templates and fully customizable mockups, which include different templates for posters, cards, and more. As for the AI features, you can always remove background, upscale resolution, and even auto-fill the best composition for the images. When you need to learn more about Pixelmator Pro, here is the detailed review and the best alternative with the best AI alternative you should know.
What is special about the latest Pixelmator Pro 3.0? It can create designs, including more than 200 design templates and 16 models, which are all fully customizable. Moreover, the AI auto-fill algorithm enables you to intelligently replace placeholder images. Besides, you can find more features to touch up the photos you can find below.
1. Create a new image from scratch, browse and edit photos in Photo Library, or import files from Mac directly.
3. Provide templates for badge illustration, bird posters, digital painting, night and day, Scarlett, and skaters.
4. In-built vector tools for creating resolution-independent designs and saving them as the SVG file format.
5. Edit the shape and path of the SVG files with various smart graphics, such as polygons, bubbles, and stars.
6. Remove the background of any picture with one click via the advanced Core ML technology.
7. Refine the selected edges automatically, which can eliminate any traces of the background that remain.
1. Edit and create photos with advanced AI algorithms, with computers that can acquire knowledge and perform specific tasks.
2. Simple layer editing functionality. You can see the layer area in the main operator interface.
3. Provide more than 200 design templates and 16 editable models for editing photos easily.
4. Support for multiple image formats, including generic photos, RAW files, and SVG files.
5. Built-in more than 100 hand-made dual-texture brushes and powerful pixel tools to polish pictures.
6. Support customizing the tool list according to your habits and creating the perfect tool interval.
1. Do not work on any Windows or mobile devices; you have to choose the Pixelmator Pro alternative.
2. Editing functions still need to be improved, lack of editing functions for dark frame subtraction and white balance.
3. Does not provide dynamic range compression and interpolation to save the files with the desired resolution.
4. Some advanced features are complicated and not easy to understand even for photographers.
Just as mentioned above, Pixelmator enables you to apply colors in photos with different color adjustments, analog films, and others. Here is the detailed process you should know.
Step 1: Once you have installed Pixelmator Pro, you can launch the program on your Mac. After that, you can click the File menu and choose the Open button to import the desired file.
Step 2: Click the Layers button and choose the Color Adjustments option to explore the different filters and make adjustments. When you need to apply a filter automatically, you can click the ML Enhance button.
Step 3: When you need to apply the analog film filter, you can click the analog film presets from the drop-down list, such as the Black & White option. Click the desired one to apply the B/W filter within one click.
Step 4: If you need to adjust more parameters, you can adjust white balance, lightness, exposure, shadows, brightness, contrast, BRG, black point, and others before clicking the Export button from the File menu.
When you need to explore realistic color or analog film filters, WidsMob AI Retoucher is the best Pixelmator alternative to touch up photos with AI algorithms. Besides the same color adjustments, such as exposure, highlights, contrast, shadows, saturation, vibrance, temperature, tint, sharpness, RGB, opacity, vignetting, luminance, and chrominance. You can also apply the different styles from AI Filters and AI Style Transfer. Moreover, it provides more AI algorithms to polish the photos, including AI Retouch, AI Portrait, AI Mosaic, AI Cartoonize, and more.
1. Explore original color with RGB, color enhancement, and noise reduction.
2. Provide classic filters for lights and analog film effects with adjustments.
3. Support AI Style Transfer to turn photos into drawings and paintings.
4. Provide some basic editing features, such as rotate, flip, crop, and zoom.
Step 1: Download and install WidsMob AI Retoucher. Launch the program on your computer and click the Import button to upload desired files you want to edit. It supports generic photo formats, including, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WebP, and multiple RAW files as well.
Step 2: Go to the Adjust menu, you can find more color adjustment filters as Pixelmator, including exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, saturation, vibrance, temperature, tint, sharpness, RGB, opacity, vignette, luminance, chrominance, and more.
Step 3: To get the same Pixelmator analog film filters, you can simply go to the Filters menu, and you can explore the different styles according to lights, noises, styles, and more. Simply go to the Adjust menu again to make more changes before saving.
Step 4: When you need to make a painting or drawing from the photos, you can click the AI Style Transfer menu or the AI Cartoonize menu to turn the images into drawings or cartoons. Moreover, you can use a combination to get the optimal effect.
Step 5: Once you have done the process, you can have some adjustments, such as cropping the edges, removing the image noises, and enhancing the quality. After that, you can click the Save As button to export the photos to your computer or share them on social media websites.
You can have a more comprehensive understanding of Pixelmator Pro with the simple guide. It provides some stunning features and AI algorithms, especially when you need to adjust the colors for the photos. But if you cannot get a satisfactory image from Pixelmator Pro or need to use some simple alternative with better results, WidsMob AI Retouch is the optimal choice you should not miss.