When you are looking for DxO OpticsPro from the official website, you might not able to locate the program now. The image processing and editing app DxO OpticsPro 11 has upgraded to DxO PhotoLab, which integrated with local adjustment. If you want to make a decision for the photo editing tools, you can learn more detailed about DxO OpticsPro and alternatives from the article.
£79 (Essential edition) | £119 (Elite edition) | Mac & PC
DxO OpticsPro is a unique program for photo editing and image processing. It is not designed for image manipulations, but take images straight from your camera and correct the whole host of aberrations, flaws and defects. There are two versions of DxO OpticsPro. If you are using the consumer type cameras, you can use the Essential version. And you can choose the Elite version for professional model cameras. Here are the differences between the two versions.
1. High-quality PRIME noise reduction.
2. ClearView contrast enhancement.
3. An anti-moiré tool.
4. Support for color-managed workflows.
5. More control of presets.
In the Organize mode, you can locate the photos from the Source Browser Panel on the left of the Window. In the Customize mode, you can apply Dxo filmpack and make manual adjustments. And you can also find the there are six panels: Histogram, Essential Tools, Light, Color, Detail and Geometry. It empowers you access the additional tools of DxO OpticsPro, such as auto redeye correction and Auto Micro contrast. Just download the trial version of DxO OpticsPro and see what it can do.
$19.99 | Mac
WidsMob Retoucher is the best DxO OpticsPro alternative for Mac. It is the best image manipulation program to gets the best out of your digital photographs. The advanced noise reduction algorithm optimizes landscapes as well as portraits professionally. There are hundreds of gorgeous presets to rediscover the magic of stunning analog film effects. Moreover, there are basic touchup for portrait images, LOMO effects, Vignetting effects and more. Just learn more detail about the features of DxO OpticsPro alternative.
2. Advanced noise reduction technology to remove noise for both landscape and portraits. And the excellent batch process is much more powerful than PRIME noise reduction of DxO OpticsPro.
3. Rediscover the magic of the photos with superb high quality and multiple presets to access to different analog effects, and even analog grains according to your requirement.
£279 | Mac & PC
Capture One Pro is another standout choice in image editing software. The DxO OpticsPro alternative handles colors exceptionally. And then you can turn every RAW files shines directly from the camera. What is more, you can apply favorite visual styles and asset management tools to your images. Of course, you can also access the simulated film grain and noise reduction features of the excellent program of Phase One. The program has lots of tools to take full control of all aspects of editing process to achieve perfect results.
1. The intuitive color balance tools make color grading precise. And then the color editor and skin tone editing of Capture One Pro delivers powerful and precise tools to achieve your vision.
2. Multiple customizable tools and keyboard shortcuts for graphic acceleration and instant tethered capture. The program can customize and build workspaces that support your workflow.
3. The asset management is the most important of Capture One Pro, which help all photographers’ management of images from individual day-to-day jobs or large collections with thousands of images.
4. As DxO OpticsPro alternative, it also provides useful tool to optimize details and lens profiles, such as sharpening, clarity & structure, film grain and noise reduction.
$9.99 (Lightroom CC 2015) | $149.99 (Lightroom 6)| Mac & PC
LightRoom is an All-in-One photo editor. Just as DxO OpticsPro, it is able to include DxO filmpack plugin and other alternative programs. When you purchase Lightroom CC 2015, you can enjoy Lightroom mobile version and cloud service. And Lightroom 6 is a standalone version for your Mac or PC only. Just as you know, Lightroom is an excellent program for photo editing as DxO OpticsPro. You can find dozens of features, and here are some helpful features listed.
1. Custom presets of your own style to save time and develop style. If you have some favorite color or effects, you can then apply the effect to other photos within one click.
2. Apply Quick Develop panel for batch process images. When you have a group of photos with overexposed, you can simply select them all and correct simultaneously.
3. Multiple creative adjustment tools, such as the graduated filters, adjustment brush, post-crop vignette and others. And then you can create similar effects as DxO OpticsPro presets.
4. If you have already spent some time to custom one image, you can transfer adjustment to the other image with a single click. This one feature alone allows you to cruise through groups of images effortlessly.
Free | Mac & PC & Linux
RawTherapee is a powerful and cross-platform program for editing digital photos in RAW formats. As an open source alternative of DxO OpticsPro, RawTherapee comprises a subset of image editing operations specifically aimed at RAW photo post-production. In order to achieve the similar effects of DxO OpticsPro, you can apply the graduated filters. RawTherapee involves the concept of non-destructive editing, similar to that of some other raw conversion software. Just learn more detail about the features of RawTheapee as below.
1. RawTheapee provides high image quality. When you apply the most details and least artifacts for RAW photos with advanced demosaicing algorithms. And you can also access multiple denoising methods.
2. Quick thumbnails, batch process, parallel editing features just make sure the program has a high performance. RawTherapee can utilize modern processor features, like SSE.
3. Just as the other similarities of DxO OpticsPro, you can use a wide range of supported cameras. And have control over the algorithms with many fine-tuning parameters and curves.
4. What is the more important; RawTheapee is released under the GUN General Public License Version 3. It means that you can use the program without any charge.
Free | Mac & PC & Linux
Photoscape is another DxO OpticsPro alternative free of charge. The program provides everything you want to edit photos. The program packed with a group of features and functionalities, which able you to adjust the color levels, resize photos, add frames, light correction, and more. And you can also apply all the editing tools in Photoscape to a group of photos instead of one image only. And you can learn more detail about the excellent features of Photoscape as below.
1. As a featured color picker, the color correction is similar as DxO OpticsPro. You can extra RGB color codes by using the zoom feature and then using any other tools that support a standard color code insertion.
2. The features for Animating GIF should be mentioned. You just need to choose the frames you want to make up the animated sequence, and then assign a different time interval to all frames.
3. Similar to the other DxO OpticsPro alternatives, it is also a RAW image editor, which allows you to compress RAW images as well as the other photo files.
4. It also helps you to create photo collage and photo mural, or even split the photos. You can adjust the photos according to your requirements with ease.