PhotoPlus is a picture-editing program for Windows users. It is popular among teachers, designers and other professionals. Images increasingly become an important element in almost all industries. A commercial contains beautiful images will attract more attention. Students will pay more attention, if teachers use images in class. So it is important to learn a powerful and easy-to-use image editor. PhotoPlus was released by Serif in 2011. It is famous for its extensive editing features. Therefore, this article will introduce PhotoPlus and its best alternatives.
1. PhotoPlus is a paid software, but it has a free Starter Edition with basic editing features, like zoom, crop, rotate, resize, adjust, and so on.
2. The upgrade version of PhotoPlus could provide professional level editing tools, although you have to purchase a license.
3. The interface is friendly and easy to navigate.
4. It could support most photo formats, including animated GIF, PSD and more, RAW files and PDF.
1. The free Start Edition lacks some extensive tools, like PhotoFix, Cutout Studio, Filter Gallery and Organizer features.
2. If you want to use the free version, you have to register with your personal information, including address and phone number.
3. Although PhotoPlus is a popular image editing program, Serif has decided to give it up. Serif said it would not support and issue updates for PhotoPlus anymore on website.
Considering Serif’s decision, PhotoPlus will become out of date within a few years. So you have to look for some alternatives of PhotoPlus.
WidsMob Viewer is not only a photo browser, it also provides some basic photo editing features. So everyone could use it to organize, edit, preview and convert photos. Here are some smart features of the PhotoPlus alternative.
1. It could import photos in a higher speed.
2. Photo Viewer could read a folder contains photos in batch.
3. This PhotoPlus alternative supports almost all photo files, including camera RAW files.
4. It has the ability to adjust the photos according to EXIF information.
5. Users could switch between multiple photo viewing modes, like full screen, library, thumbnail, EXIF mode and slideshow mode.
6. Some basic editing tools are available. Users could rotate, crop, resize, convert and rename photos in batch. And it allows users to adjust exposure, contrast, saturation and other parameters of the photos.
Paint.Net is a free photo editing program for Windows users. This PhotoPlus alternative was developed by Washington State University and supported by Microsoft. Learn more detail about the basic features of the program.
1. Although it is a free program, it has tons of tools, like layers, text, filters and effects.
2. The interface is friendly and easy to navigate.
3. The extensive features could meet almost all professional users’ demands.
4. This PhotoPlus alternative utilizes layers to edit the photos, so you can make any changes and delete them easily and quickly.
5. There is an online community provides help, guidance and plugins.
Preview is pre-installed software on Mac computer. It was developed by Apple and totally free to use. Most people learnt Preview was a browser; but This PhotoPlus alternative does have some basic editing features.
1. Preview could read most photo formats, including GIF, 3D files and RAW, and PDF.
2. It provides some basic photo editing tools, like text, crop, resize, rotation, and color adjustment.
3. This PhotoPlus alternative also has the ability to edit PDF, like extract individual page from a PDF file.
4. Users could use Preview to convert photos as well.
Fotor is a free online photo editor and it is especially good at collage. But This PhotoPlus alternative provides multiple photo editing tools and design features. Check more detail about the online alternative of PhotoPlus as below.
1. Fotor supports many photo formats, including camera RAW files.
2. Users could enjoy extensive editable templates.
3. The basic editing features include crop, resize, rotation and text, which users could use it to adjust exposure, color, saturation and other parameters of a photo.
4. It also integrates beauty tools to make self-timer more attractive.
5. This PhotoPlus alternative has released design tools recently.
If you are searching for a professional alternative, Photoshop Elements might be a good choice. Photoshop Elements is another photo editing program designed by Adobe. Here are the principal features you should know.
1. This PhotoPlus alternative has a 30-day free trial. And if you want to go on using it, you have to pay for $99.99.
2. Photoshop Elements is a cross platform photo editing software. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
3. The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
4. Considering its extensive features, there is a search bar to help you find any tool easily.
5. In addition to basic editing tools, its attractive functions include Adjust Facial Features, Guided Edits, Photomerge Group Shot tool and so on.
Based on the introduction above, you might discover that you have many choices beside PhotoPlus. Although PhotoPlus is a good photo editing program, Serif has changed its focus. And without developer’s support, a software will become out-fashion gradually. Paint.Net is a good alternative of PhotoPlus for Windows user and Preview is a well choice for Mac users. If you prefer to online editor, you can try Fotor as the online solution. Photoshop Element is appropriate to professionals. And WidsMob Viewer might be a smart choice to browse and edit photos.