Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Peter Wood
PhotoPlus is a picture-editing program for Windows users and is popular with teachers, designers, and other professionals. And images become an element in all industries. A commercial that contains beautiful photos will attract more attention. Students will pay more attention if teachers use pictures in class. So it is a powerful and easy-to-use image editor. PhotoPlus relesed by Serif in 2011. It is famous for its extensive editing features. Therefore, this article will introduce PhotoPlus and its best alternatives.
1. PhotoPlus is a paid software, but it has a free Starter Edition with basic editing features, like zoom, crop, rotate, resize, adjust, and so on.
2. The upgrade version of PhotoPlus could provide professional-level editing tools, although you have to purchase a license.
3. The interface is friendly and easy to navigate.
1. The free Start Edition lacks some extensive tools, like PhotoFix, Cutout Studio, Filter Gallery, and Organizer features.
2. If you want to use the free version, you have to register with your personal information, including address and phone number.
3. Although PhotoPlus is a popular image editing program, it was given up by Serif. Serif said it would not support and issue updates for PhotoPlus anymore on the website.
Considering Serif’s decision, PhotoPlus will become out of date within a few years. So you have to look for some alternatives to PhotoPlus.
WidsMob Viewer is a photo browser and provides some basic photo editing features. So everyone could use it to organize, edit, preview, and convert photos. Here are the features of the PhotoPlus alternative.
1. It could import photos at a higher speed.
2. Photo Viewer could read a folder contains photos in batch.
3. This PhotoPlus alternative supports almost all photo files, including camera RAW files.
4. It can adjust the photos according to EXIF information.
5. Users could switch between multiple photo viewing modes include full screen, library, thumbnail, EXIF mode, and slideshow mode.
Paint.Net is a free photo editing program for Windows users. This PhotoPlus alternative was developed by Washington State University and supported by Microsoft. Learn more detail about the basic features of the program.
1. Although it is a free program, it has tons of tools, like layers, text, filters, and effects.
2. The interface is friendly and easy to navigate.
3. The extensive features could meet almost all professional users’ demands.
4. This PhotoPlus alternative utilizes layers to edit the photos, so you can make any changes and delete them easily and quickly.
5. There is an online community that provides help, guidance, and plugins.
Preview is pre-installed software on a Mac computer. It develops by Apple and is free to use. Most people learned Preview was a browser, but This PhotoPlus alternative does have some basic editing features.
1. Preview could read most photo formats include GIF, 3D files and RAW, and PDF.
2. It provides photo editing tools, like text, crop, resize, rotation, and color adjustment.
3. This PhotoPlus alternative can edit PDF, like extract individual pages from a PDF file.
4. Users could use Preview to convert photos as well.
Fotor is a free online photo editor and is especially good at collage. But This PhotoPlus alternative provides multiple photo editing tools and design features. Check more detail about the online alternative of PhotoPlus as below.
1. Fotor supports many photo formats, including camera RAW files.
2. Users could enjoy extensive editable templates.
3. The basic editing features include crop, resize, rotation, and text, which users could use to adjust exposure, color, saturation, and other parameters.
4. It also integrates beauty tools to make self-timer more attractive.
5. This PhotoPlus alternative has released design tools recently.
If you are searching for a professional alternative, Photoshop Elements might be a good choice. Photoshop Elements is another photo editing program designed by Adobe. Here are the principal features you should know.
1. This PhotoPlus alternative has a 30-day free trial. And if you want to go on using it, you have to pay $99.99.
2. Photoshop Elements is a cross-platform photo editing software. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
3. The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
4. Considering its extensive features, there is a search bar to help you find any tool easily.
5. In addition to editing tools, its attractive functions include Adjust Facial Features, Guided Edits, Photomerge Group Shot tool, and so on.
Based on the introduction above, you might discover that you have many choices besides PhotoPlus. Although PhotoPlus is a good photo editing program, Serif has changed its focus. And without the developer’s support, the software will become out-fashion gradually. Paint.Net is an alternative to PhotoPlus for Windows users. And Preview is a choice for Mac users. If you prefer the online editor, you can try Fotor as the online solution. Photoshop Element is appropriate to professionals. And WidsMob Viewer might be a choice to browse and edit photos.