Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Peter Wood
Affinity Photo is one of the best Photoshop alternatives. If you do not like Adobe’s subscription model, it should be a good choice. This photo editor was just available on Mac at first. But the designer has released a version for Windows users. As a professional photo editor, it is popular; while it is not perfect software. And users need to comparison before making a decision. In addition, Affinity Photo does not provide a free trial, so you cannot try it before paying for it. Therefore, this article will introduce Affinity Photo and some alternatives.
Affinity Photo has some advantages as a photo editor. For example, it supports most photo formats, like PSD, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and more, and camera RAW files. Users could edit RAW files directly in Affinity Photo. The Windows version and Mac version are similar, so cross-platform users could enjoy a seamless experience. After testing, the pros & cons of this software are clear.
1. Affinity Photo has a customizable interface. So users could extend its top-end features. That is appropriate for advanced users.
2. Its price is only half of Photoshop.
3. Users could edit RAW files directly. It offers almost all features related to RAW files.
4. Affinity Photo has a set of modules, including Photo, Liquefy, Develop, and Export personas. Each module has its workspace.
1. The customizable interface is less friendly to beginners.
2. Its price is nearly $ 50. That is not affordable to some users, like students.
3. Each module has a set of tools. That is easy to make users lost in Affinity Photo.
Although WidsMob Viewer is not as powerful as Affinity Photo, amateurs will find out all necessary features in Photo Viewer. So it is the best Affinity Photo for amateurs. Just learn more about the basic features.
1. It supports Mac OS now, but the developer will release a version for Windows users as soon as possible.
2. Photo Viewer could read almost all photo formats and camera RAW files.
3. It integrates an algorithm. So you can enjoy a fast and seamless experience within Photo Viewer.
4. You can edit high-resolution images in Photo Viewer, like gigapixel panoramas.
5. This Affinity Photo alternative provides multiple viewing modes, like full screen, library, thumbnail, EXIF, and slideshow.
7. Effects embedded in Photo Viewer will make your images unique.
Pixelmator is another photo editor. And it is the best alternative to Affinity Photo for Mac users. In addition to the Mac version, Pixelmator also has an iOS app. So it is more appropriate for Apple fans. Here are some useful features you should know.
1. It has a clean interface, so it is friendlier than Affinity Photo.
2. Pixelmator provides tools to edit photos, like crop, zoom, resize, select and paint.
3. It also allows users to adjust color, resolution, and other parameters.
4. The built-in 126 filters are features.
Paint is a free pre-install photo editor and the best alternative to Affinity Photo for Windows users. Microsoft Paint is an easy photo editor. Sometimes it seems too simple. After being updated, it now has evolved more features, like multiple layers, extensive editing tools.
1. It is a fast photo-editing tool on Windows.
2. Microsoft has integrated 3D image creating and editing tools within the latest version of Paint.
3. This Affinity Photo alternative is compatible with all Windows platforms, including Windows 10.
4. It is pre-installed software, so Windows users do not need to download and install it again.
GIMP is an open-source photo editor and the best alternative to Affinity Photo for cross-platform users. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Another advantage of GIMP is free. Check the principal features as below.
1. It is freeware. So both beginners and advanced users could grasp it.
2. Users could use it as paint software and photo editor.
3. This Affinity Photo alternative supports high-quality images, gigapixel images.
4. There are many plugins for GIMP. Advanced users could enjoy the extensive features.
5. It also has some photo editing tools, like crop, resize and adjust, and various filters.
PicMonkey is an online photo editor and one of the best online alternatives of Affinity Photo. One of the advantages of PicMonkey is free. The easy-to-use online solution also provides some excellent features.
1. It is an online photo editor, so users do not need to download and install anything on their computers.
2. PicMonkey provides photo editing tools, like crop, rotate, sharpen and resize.
3. This Affinity Photo alternative also supports importing photos from cloud services, like Dropbox and Flickr.
4. Users could also use Text and Frame features to beautify their photos.
As you can see, Affinity Photo is a good photo editor for professionals while not very suitable for amateurs. And its target users are advanced. Therefore, this article introduces some alternatives. These Affinity Photo alternatives are friendlier. So even beginners could enjoy their features.