Last Updated on March 12, 2022 by Peter Wood
PicsArt Photo Studio is one of the best photo edit apps for iOS and Android. It offers a wide range of image editing tools and helps you to polish pictures on a smartphone. Today, almost every smartphone users need a photo edit app, partly because we are accustomed to using photos to record, express, and communicate. If you search for a photo app in App Store or Google Play store, you will get a long list. How to find out the most appropriate one? Is PicsArt Photo Studio worth using? We will answer these questions and help you identify the best photo edit app in this post.
PicsArt Photo Studio is a comprehensive photo editor with plenty of editing tools. You can find almost all necessary picture editing features within this app.
1. Edit image: PicsArt Photo Studio offers image editing functions, including resize, crop, flip, rotate, tilt, distort, and more.
2. Adjust image: users could alter color, contrast, brightness, and more parameters.
3. Photo collage: it supports creating photo collages with various layouts.
4. Draw photo: this photo app has plenty of photo effects and filters.
5. Share image: users could share pictures with the PicsArt community and other social networks.
1. It has a wide range of editing features.
2. PicsArt Photo Studio is available for both iOS and Android.
3. All these features are free to use.
1. Too many features make its interface cluttered.
Pixlr Editor is a cross-platform photo editor that has both web app and mobile app. Similar to PicsArt Photo Studio, Pixlr Editor is an all-in-one solution to edit photos on smartphones. Pixlr app’s features include:
1. It has millions of photo effects and filters.
2. Pixlr Editor offers plenty of backgrounds, layouts, and spaces for photo collage making.
3. You can use the Auto Fix feature to balance out the color of pictures.
4. It supports posting outputs to social media or save them on smartphones.
1. It offers a wide array of photo effects and filters than other photo editors.
2. All these features are free of charge.
3. Users could use Pixlr on Android, iOS, and websites.
1. App support is poor.
Snapseed is another photo editor app available for both iOS and Android. And you can get similar features to PicsArt Photo Studio within Snapseed.
1. Adjust exposure, color, brightness, and other photo parameters.
2. Sharpen and enhance images with dedicated tools.
3. Apply various photo effects and filters to your pictures.
4. The brush tool could apply effects or filters on a specific area of the picture.
1. All the features and filters are free to use within Snapseed.
2. Snapseed can edit photos without quality loss.
3. It supports uploading outputs to social media directly.
1. For ordinary people, this photo editor is a little complicated without a tutorial.
Similar to PicsArt Photo Studio, PhotoDirector is a versatile photo solution for both Android and iOS users. Its features include:
1. PhotoDirector offers all basic photo editing and adjustment tools, such as crop, resize, rotate, flip, collage, color, brightness, and more.
2. HDR effect allows users to create HDR pictures with photos.
3. Skin Smoother is a dedicated tool for portrait enhancement.
4. It also provides dozens of image effects.
1. The built-in camera option could help users to take photos easily. And the face auto-detect technology is good.
2. PhotoDirector integrates almost all photo editing features. And these features are distributed on an intuitive interface.
1. PhotoDirector can deal with pictures in full resolution. And you may face some performance and speed issues.
Unlike PicsArt Photo Studio, BeFunky is a light photo editor. Its features include:
1. It provides various tools to polish or enhance portrait photos and selfies, such as stickers and overlays.
2. Users could add funny words to their photos and customize fonts, colors, and styles.
3. BeFunky provides plentiful templates to help you create a photo collage with personal photos on your smartphone.
4. After editing, users could post their pictures to social networks within BeFunky.
1. All the features are free of charge without viewing ads.
2. Compared to PicsArt Photo Studio, BeFunky is easier to use.
3. The latest version is compatible with both Android and iOS.
1. BeFunky does not support saving edited pictures in full resolution.
FotoRus Photo Editor is another all-in-one photo app. In addition to photo editing tools, this PicsArt Photo Studio alternative has some good features as well.
1. FotoRus has hundreds of stickers that allow users to express their personalities.
2. The InstaBeauty feature is a built-in beauty camera, helping users to take and beautify selfies.
3. Users could use the Secret Album feature to protect pictures and prevent others view private photos.
4. It offers more than 100 templates to create photo collages with personal pictures.
1. FotoRus Photo Editor works well on both Android and iOS.
2. It is a free-of-charge photo editor.
3. FotoRus Photo Editor has an intuitive interface.
1. It does not support saving the pictures in high resolution.
WidsMob Retoucher is the best PicsArt Photo Studio alternative to reduce image noise, touchup portrait, apply LOMO effects, add analog film filters, adjust and tweak color parameters and more. Just add the photos into the program; you can get the desired psychedelic files within clicks.
1. Basic photo editing features to touch up portraits and landscapes.
2. Remove the chrominance/luminance noise and adjust sharpness.
3. Apply LOMO effects with color filter, color opacity, vignetting, etc.
4. Add stunning analog film effects, color modes, film grains and others.
Step 1: Install PicsArt Photo Studio alternative
Just download and install WidsMob Retoucher, launch the program on your computer. Drag and drop the photo into the program to apply the special and psychedelic effects.
Step 2: Tweak the color parameters
Choose the ADJUSTMENT option, which you can adjust and tweak the saturation, contrast, brightness, temperature, tint, and more other parameters to find a suitable effect accordingly.
Step 3: Apply analog film effects
Select the FILM PACK option that you can adjust the color rendition profile, color modes, film grains, and more others to get an instant effect. After that, you can combine the photos with photo effect.
Step 4: Export and share the photos
Then you can click the Save button to save the photos to your computer. Now you can click the Share button to share the edited photos to social media websites.
In this article, we introduce PicsArt Photo Studio. It is one of the best picture editor apps on smartphones. Today, people share billions of photos and images on social networks on handsets. Compared to text, we are more likely to express ourselves with pictures. So, we need an excellent photo editor, such as PicsArt Photo Studio. If you are looking for more options, you can read the best alternative list. We recommended the top 6 alternatives of PicsArt Photo Studio, as well. You can read the introductions and choose a photo editor based on your requirements and situations.